Riversdale is a training practice. We therefore have regular GP Registrars within the Practice. These are fully qualified doctors in training to become general practitioners. Because we undertake the training of other doctors wishing to enter General Practice we undergo a periodic assessment when the quality of the records in the practice maybe examined by seniordoctors. Confidentiality is always maintained.
We are also a designated teaching practice for medical students. If a student is sitting in with a doctor at the time of your appointment, our receptionist will advise you of this and you will be given the opportunity of seeing the doctor alone if you wish.
Occasionally patients with specific problems may be asked to attend for their medical history to be taken and also examination by the medical student. This is, of course, purely voluntary but our doctors and students are very grateful for your help.
Videoing of Consultations
- Because we are a teaching practice, on occasions you may be asked to allow a video to be made of your consultation.
- This will not happen without your consent.
- Examinations will not be recorded.
- You may ask for the consultation to be deleted if you change your mind
- The video will be for teaching purposes only between doctors and will be deleted anyway shortly afterwards.
- If you decline to be videoed, it will make no difference to your appointment or the availability of the appointment.
- Please ask if you require further details.